Monday 14 May 2007

Monday




The blue ATC is my first go at a cabinet card. I masked the little girl and then applied blue acrylic paint. When that was dry I stippled over it with white acrylic paint. Then I used Tim Holtz distress ink and distress embossing powder (thanks Mandy :-)) around the edges. Finally I stamped the text and book binding.
I was quite pleased with the result.
The green one I'm not too sure about. I used lumiere paint for the background and again the distress ink and embossing powder around the edges. I stamped images in black stazon and used the dymo for "heritage". I then added some gesso to try and age it.

3 comments:

Zuzu's Blog said...

this is lovely and soft looking (colour wise) and I love the distress embossing powder..
i love how you have made it look like a page torn from a spiral bound journal book

Sharon said...

... and pleased you should be, Shary ... cuz it's beautiful :D

I have some distress embossing powders somewhere (???) which I haven't even used but after seeing this result, I think I'll have to go and see where they're hiding! :D

It's lovely to see your work again.

Mandy Chilvers said...

i love these altered cabinet cards. both are gorgeous but my fave is the green one. did you like the lumiere paints?